Having strong and healthy hair is something that gives us a confidence boost. Strong hair means saying goodbye to split ends, breakage, and falling strands, making styling easier and giving us more volume and shine. With strong hair, using heating tools won’t do as much damage, and we’ll still have full heads of luscious locks even after the summer sun has taken its toll.
Stronger hair can also be achieved through regular trims, being mindful of the products you use to help enhance your natural texture, and eating nourishing food that can strengthen your strands from the inside out. Everyone deserves to have strong and beautiful hair – it’s only enhanced when a healthy routine is implemented to keep it looking great!
What is Gotu Kola?
Gotu kola is a perennial herb that originated in India, Japan, China, Indonesia, South Africa, and the tropics. It is a part of the parsley family. It has long been used in topical medicine to treat various health conditions.
Ayurvedic medicine is believed to have several benefits, including improving memory and intelligence, reducing anxiety and stress, and improving circulation. It is also thought to have wound-healing properties and be effective in treating skin conditions such as leprosy and lupus. Gotu kola is available in supplement form, including capsules, tablets, and teas. It is also sometimes used in skin care products.
In this post, we will share a simple DIY hair mask recipe incorporating Gotu Kola to help you achieve the luscious locks of your dreams.
- 1 tablespoon of Gotu Kola powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix the Gotu Kola powder, egg yolk, honey, olive oil, and coconut oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Using a brush or fingers, apply the mixture to your hair, starting at the roots and working down to the hair tips.
- Tuck your hair with a shower cap and let the treatment sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse the treatment out with lukewarm water and follow with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Use this treatment once a week for the best results.
Additional ingredients to enhance the effects of this treatment:
- Add a few ml of argan oil to the mixture for extra hydration and shine.
- For an added boost of nourishment, you can mix in a few teaspoons of avocado or banana puree.
What are the benefits of the DIY hair mask?
Gotu Kola is a powerhouse ingredient for anyone seeking the luscious locks of their dreams. It’s been used for centuries to improve hair texture, help with hair growth and increase scalp health. A simple DIY mask incorporating Gotu Kola can bring great results in a relatively short period.
Not only does this mask have moisturizing properties that will help keep your locks looking healthy and nourished, but its antibacterial properties also ensure that any buildup on the scalp will be taken care of. In addition, when used regularly, this natural remedy can help prevent the onset of split ends and dandruff while helping to promote strong and healthy hair growth over time.
With such great benefits from just one little recipe, why not try this easy DIY Gotu Kola mask?
Give it a try
Overall, Gotu kola is an effective way to improve hair health. It can stimulate blood flow to the scalp, encouraging hair growth. It also strengthens hair follicles and promotes healthy collagen production. This simple recipe can make your own Gotu kola solution at home. Give it a try and see how GotuKola can help you achieve thicker, stronger hair!