Remote working has been an increasingly popular workspace model. Pandemic did make people realize its advantages better than before, but it is not as it was not popular before. A virtual office is the futuristic approach to running your business and is here to stay. Around 80% of the corporate work policies revolve around the virtual or hybrid work environment. More than 64% of the companies believe virtual setups to be permanent solutions for businesses globally.
25% of the virtual workers work with a 100% virtual office setup where workers from different time zones can participate. Virtual office or remote working is popular not just because of the pandemic but also the business flexibility it offers.
It is less of a burden and offers the same features like a fully operational physical office. A virtual office is not just a facilitation service for remote working, it is beneficial for businesses that need a professional presence as well. Many large corporations are also using this service to downsize certain departments. The departments that don’t need a 24/7 physical presence or can be operated remotely can use this service. Because of its ease of use, and affordability, many small companies that are short of funds use it.
A virtual office offers these utilitarian features:
A virtual office is a different working model than a brick and mortar. But, it has the same facilities and feels like a physical workspace. You don’t have to drive or take public transport to your office daily. You save commute expenses and a lot of traffic stress because of the virtual office service.
It also opens new windows of opportunities and learning. You get to work with people from different places and have different work ethics. Working together as a team; you learn different working strategies and cultures. It is an experience that helps you groom your skill set . You also explore new markets and understand how to approach them positively.
The Virtual office also promotes the scalability and portability of your business. Many new and established businesses use this service to spread their wings in the new markets. It is an affordable service that cuts overheads while providing office facilities. You can easily use this service by signing up for it online. It can be easily terminated by canceling the subscription online. You won’t be charged any penalty or cancellation fine.
The virtual office service has some robust features listed below:
- The virtual office service package includes a legitimate business address that you can use for your company communication, marketing, and other documentation.
- Professional front-desk service providers are part of the facilities you get with the virtual office. Your business calls will be answered and forwarded by the customer support staff as per your instructions. Similarly, your business mails will be received and handled according to your protocol. Urgent mail can be scanned and emailed to you instantly as well.
- A virtual office allows you to meet with team members and clients in a professional and impressive environment. Online businesses usually don’t provide that opportunity and you have to meet your clients in restaurants and public places. With a virtual office, you can create a professional persona for your business. A virtual office gives you access to meeting rooms with the latest tech gadgets.
- Remote working is nothing without the proper technology. Virtual office service includes tech support that promotes remote working and online business. With the right tools, you can easily collaborate with team members. Cloud computing helps in saving and sharing data safely and efficiently.
- The ambiance and working environment are very important, but it can be an expensive affair. But, the virtual office service lets you get off easy. You can get amazing and trendy interiors at a very economical rate.
- There are other perks that many virtual offices provide. These include recreational facilities for the employees including; restaurants, cafeterias, and gyms.
The virtual office trends for the coming years:
Accessibility is more result-oriented than presence:
The new trend for the workplace is the accessibility of the workers. Being physically present doesn’t always equate to performance or productivity. The pandemic made us realize a lot of things and among them was how necessary is the physical workplace. We have realized that in many cases brick and mortar is unavoidable, however, in most cases, virtual working is an efficient alternative. Hybrid working is an even better option; it saves time and cuts down the cost. It also brings down the gap between the physical office and virtual working. Connecting team members and making secure accessibility of information is the most vital element of a productive workspace.
Diversity in workspace culture is unavoidable:
Today, almost all office environments have workers from diversified ethnic backgrounds. With a virtual office, it is an all the more common scenario. Remote working allows you to work with professionals from around the world. Every region has its work ethic and culture. While working with each other, we should make an effort to understand those ethics and respect each other’s culture. The positive trend is that now it is not considered strange or new. It is pretty much a routine matter to work in a multicultural work environment. This trend is and will be supported by the virtual office.
Communication should be direct, hierarchy is not a must:
Messaging and communication have become direct and instant. Now employees do not have to go through a complete protocol or hierarchy. Every organization has digital message boards and groups. Employees can send instant messages to their superiors and their peers through them. Today’s work environment has broken many conventional working procedures. Communication and collaboration are a part of the procedures that have broken free from the ‘old school’ methods. Virtual offices support this trend through online collaboration and communication tools that make the work efficient and productive. This trend will continue into the coming year as well.